Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Still here.......

I've struggled with more nausea this week. It's been frustrating, but I'm doing ok. I just need to continue to rest and recuperate, while making sure I use some muscles. A fine balance to find, sometimes, but the chemo really does knock me out.

I have a long weekend in Traverse City planned for the first weekend in August, and I scheduled my chemo around it so I can enjoy it as much as possible. It will be 4 weeks out from a treatment, so I should feel pretty strong and healthy (barring any unforeseen problem) (positive thinking, here, I'm going to be fine that weekend!) My friend Hesper and her husband will be out of town, and offered me their home while they are gone. I'm going to go up with Jill, my sister Marsha, and her daughter. Marsha has never been to TC, and she and Chrissy (and Chrissy's dad) have lived in Houston for the last 25 years, and so this will be very new to Chrissy. She's not sure what to expect, I think, she is thinking: trees, a lake or two....not understanding how beautiful the area is. Of course I'm so prejudiced because it is my dream to have lived there, and I never wanted to leave. I find it so incredible. It is a soothing and calming area, for me. I love the farms, the orchards, the lakes, the forests... not the busy lake/home areas...not the built-up parts, (there aren't too many, thankfully) but the open beautiful parts.

I'm so excited.

If you are unfamiliar with northwestern lower Michigan, please check out these links. I highly recommend it as a vacation destination. Miles of sugarsand beaches, no crowding, completely preserved, and has the most incredible sunsets into Lake Michigan.

http://www.record-eagle.com/area_guide/
http://sleepingbeardunes.com/

5 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous karen said...

this is wonderful news, lynne, and i hope you will have a great trip! i love it up there too!

nikki is in surgery (again) as we speak -- the first surgery last week did not help and so she is having all the mesh etc. removed today. we are waiting for a call then will head up to the hospital. we'll let you know what happens.

hope your nausea goes away soon!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

ugh


Nikki has had enough!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Kid Sis said...

Brian has Pogo! Gave it to him over the weekend!

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Pam in FL said...

I've been thinking of you Lynne and sending you as much positive energy that I can muster! Hope your nausea stops IMMEDIATELY!!!

Enjoy your trip!!!!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

I hope your nausea goes away. I love the Traverse City area. My husband and I have driven through many times. I just love Michigan.

I am glad we are neighbors with Michigan. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home