Friday, June 30, 2006

You just never know what challenges lie ahead

Ok. I'm tired of watching television, and I can't seem to get into books, as I'm often drowsy, but I've watched a lot of HGTV, TLC, Bravo, dancing shows, talent shows, talk shows, celebrity reporting...you name it.

My sisters Carolyn and Marsha have been taking good care of me the last few days, being at my beckon call (or beck and call however you are supposed to say that). They, along with my kids, have made sure that I've had meals, clean clothes, and a clean house, and good conversation. In addition, my sister (in law) Karen took a lot of time and love to make many meals that have been frozen and await heatin. She claims she 'isn't the world's greatest cook', but take my word for it, the food is delicious and very much appreciated.

A funny thing happened when Carolyn was here, though, when I decided I wanted some fresh air and took the Amigo out to take the dog out, and a storm was moving in. There was a lot of thunder and as I was hurrying the dog and motor-scootering from tree cover to tree cover and I realized that wasn't too safe, so I came in. I figured I have been getting every complication that I could possibly have and that somewhere above, where challenges are metered out, there just might be one more for Lynne that said: "strike by lightening". I haven't had that one yet, and with MY luck I might. So I scootered in quickly, and made it in safetly.

whew!

(humor, in case it isn't perfectly clear) :D

4 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

When I told Carolyn the lightening story, we laughed, because...admit it....that's a funny story....

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

That is funny. That fact that the trees would draw the lightening, and you were on metal, well, I think you made a good choice. lol.

It sounds like you have a wonderful family. I understand how boring TV can get though. My sister liked to watch the neighbor girls. When she got her brain tumor, my mom even commented that she wasn't as interested in the neighbor girls as usual. lol.

I hope you are feeling better!

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous karen said...

hi lynne -

i sent you an email today and it came back as undeliverable - it was sent to your yahoo acct and it says there was no such account. i am going to re-send but wasn't sure what happened.

anyway, we are cooking and grilling and we will deliver!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Lynda, you're right, my family is great, I'm very fortunate. Karen, I don't know what's up with my email, I have been getting other mail; try again and let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home