Saturday, May 13, 2006

under the weather

The other day I was feeling kinda sick, and finally realized my sinus infection I've been battling was probably coming back, and on Friday I became so sick, sicker than in recent memory. Got my home nurse-lady to contact my doctor, who phoned in a script for delivery. Unfortunately pharmacy and insurance problems prevented that, but the pharmacy didn't notify me my meds were not on the way, so i called them, found out there was aproblem, got nurse-lady to call doc, to call pharm, and fortunately Julie-to-the Rescue was dropping by (wonderful neice who was visiting) and we raced to pharm just before close to get substitute antibiotics that the insurance WOULD pay for, then went on to dinner, and then off to bed for me.

Julie-to-the-Rescue had an all-day class here in Lansing, I slept all morning, then went to lunch with 4 of my 6 kids (you may need to do some addition) and was very sick, very weak, (but yet hungry), and could truly, barely walk, or stand up from dinner table. We went to Jill's, I napped. We came home, I chatted a while, and then napped. (eating once more in between) Got up at 8pm, ate again, watched some tv, and now feel as if I can barely keep my eyes open.

Of course, being sick, taking morphine and more morphine makes me weak, tired and sleepy, and I just hope that by tomorrow the newest wash of antibiotics will kill the little bacteriussss (what is plural, Jill?) that are screwing up my sinuses. I also had to rid my house of cut flowers, that, though beautiful, were wreaking havoc with my allergies/sinus problems. I just have to bear not having them in the house again, which is sad, but necessary.

I feel as if I'm rambling, and I probalby am, but it feels cathartic and my fingers are doing it all by themselves.

I have another Mother's Day celebration tomorrow at Jill's. She mentiond Chicken Satay, which sounds very yummy.
It will be late afternoon, so if I rest all day, I can do it.

And that's the way it is, today, Saturday, May 13, 2006. Goodnight and Sleep Tight.
Don't let the bed bugs bite.

1 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Anonymous karen said...

so sorry you are sick, lynne...this really is a terrible season for allergies, etc. i hope you are feeling much better tomorrow so you can enjoy chicken satay (yum!) at jill's house. we'll be thinking of you. happy mother's day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home