Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Holding together

I had a checkup to evaluate the diabetes, and so far so good. I'm being weaned off steroids, so that complicates things, but he thought my glucose numbers were reasonable (though not good yet) for the situation, and I will be seen in another week.

I feel terrible. In the morning when the numbers are the lowest, I am fairly energetic, meaning I cal walk with crutches and move to a standing position fairly easily, but as the day wears on I become increasingly week, so that by this time of night, I am barely able to get the motion going to stand. It may sound like exaggeration, but believe me, it is not.

I can only assume that 1) chemo 2) diabetes 3) off steroid 4) on insulin 5) change in 1 other medication are to blame, and I hope that my body is strong enough to handle it. I wish I had someone here to monitor me, help me think (high glucose causes confusion and disorientation). Let's just say I'm happy when I wake up in the morning.

but now it's time to collapse into bed

(and look out the window at the fancy fireworks things that are around the Capitol Building. I think they made them special, for Memorial Day, to look like fireworks. Oh, wait, that's just Lynne looking at normal lights with her glasses off, imagining the big giant fireworks lights.) (Yep, I thought that.) But it seemed real. And logical. Til the next day.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope things work out better for you.

Just remember as the day progresses, we all get tired. It probably is just more intense for you. Take care of yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home