Thursday, May 25, 2006

Confession

Ok, some of you alrealdy know, but I've watched every single American Idol episode this season. From the grueling (and most fun) auditions. It is always amazing that people who try out, and are absolutely horrible, do not know that they are horrible. In some cases, I think family members should work harder at convincing them they are not good. But, that's what makes good TV. They want the bad ones, because it is fun. All the comments by the judges, they are encouraged to be honest (Randy), kind (Paula) and mean and honest (Simon). It's part of the game.

I'm going on and on like this is important in the larger scheme of things. It isn't. But it's fun. And fun is good. Laughter is crucial. I was thinking of renting some funny movies, I'm asking for a list of favorites. Let me know what makes you laugh out loud, that's what I'm looking for. I like old movies, new movies, obscure movies, unknown movies..... just make'em funny. Trouble is, it isn't fun watching alone.

So, the question is now, is what am I going to do on Tuesday and Wednesday nights in stead of Am Idol? I guess I'll give "So You Think You Can Dance" a try. Other problem is "Top Chef" also ended. What is coming next, anyone know? Karen? I may be stuck with the reruns of last year's annoying show "Blow Out" with that Jonathan hair-cutter guy. He's a trip. A trip of his own. I didn't get into the invention show at all. I don't really like the 'how-to" cooking shows. Especiallly not those high tension competition ones. I don't mind Rachel Ray sometimes, but she is so cute it's annoying. I can't stand the blond who makes stuff out of Twinkies and mixes, and I am soooooooo anoyed with that Giada chick!!! Oh my gosh, shut your stupid lips over those stupid grinning teeth. I guess I like watching Lydia the best, she teaches how to make what look like delicious traditional Italian dishes (eye-talian, Karen), and I always wish I could taste them.

Not that big of a confession, but it's all you're getting.

8 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Marsja said...

The only funny one I have seen recently is Napoleon Dynamite, and I bet you've seen that. Christina says Howl's Moving Castle. It's a cartoon but its cute, and not chidish but funny and a good story. She also says Office Space and Willie Wonka with Johnny Depp. We both loved Finding Neverland with him and Kate Winslet, but it's not funny. I like So You Think You Can Dance; and Dancing With The Stars. I like old movies like The Postman Only Rings Twice, the one with Lana Turner; and Gaslight. That's all we can think of.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

One of my favorites is Kindergarten Cop. I feel silly when I laugh all by myself, but I think it is funny. It is so old, Haley Joel Oslmet (sic) is a kindergartener in it.

I also like Pretty Woman. Oh, and Dutch with Ed O'Neil. Never got into American Idol or the shows like it, but I am starting to enjoy Deal or No Deal.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Oh, these are good suggestions. Some of them I've seen and some of them I haven't. Trick now is getting them. Hmmm. didn't think of that.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Office Space is a must, but I would also recommend Super Troopers, and almost anything by Kevin Smith ... and my inner film snob can't help but recommend Woody's Manhattan and Annie Hall

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Being Made said...

Lynne,

This has nothing to do with movies (sorry). I just wanted to post a general comment to say that I just found your blog and I love it. I'm glad that I found your blog so that I can root you on in your journey.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

I can mail you Kindergarten Cop & Pretty Woman, but I only have it on VHS.

If you would like me to, go ahead and email me. You don't even need to mail them back.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Love Johnny Depp, but I don't think Finding Neverland is 'quite' the movie for me right about now. Not funny at all. (Johnny Depp is quite beautiful, however)

LOVE Office Space, I think I have that, but unfortunately, Lynda, no VHS for me, just have DVD these days.

Nice to hear from you Reel, thanks for the suggestions. I found a review of SuperTroopers, that sounds very funny, I think I'll look for that one.

I like wacky humor, too..... Fargo, Repo Man, Big Labowski..... I'm a little wacky.

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous karen said...

ok, i am tired and not thinking too well, but i loved napoleon dynamite too. i also thought 40-year-old-virgin was a scream, but not sure if others would agree. not a movie, but if kirstie alley's show on showtime is ever on dvd (i am going to look), that was hysterical. also, do you like curb your enthusiasm? lots of the seasons are on dvd. best in show is great -- i have that one i can lend you, and i was planning to buy napoleon.

omg, and woody allen -- almost any of his comedies, but especially play it again sam!

i need to give this some more thought...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home