Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Sky is Falling!!

Well, so dialing back the pain meds wasn't that great an idea. I'm ok, just needed to get up and take the rest of the dose. Oh well. I guess nodding off at various inopportune moments isn't all that bad. Like narcolepsy. I'll be sitting at the computer, watching tv, sitting talking with someone and I feel as if I've closed my eyes and drifted off...actually I DO close my eyes and drift off, but I wake up momentarily and everything is as wide-awake as usual. Like someone's Grandma. Well, I am someone's grandma. So there you go.

I'll just post a blog and get back to sleep in a few minutes.

It was a very warm windy day in Michigan yesterday, and I heard the weather is cooling off a bit, but still going to be like spring. Sounds good to me. It means all the loony toones in the building are out, though. Great. Wild walkers with canes circeling, voices screeching, bags rustling. You might hear gospel singing, jokes, the sound of grocery carts, or the click of pool balls. Yep. Springtime in lu-lu land.

But my apartment is great, and Pogo, Louis and I just creep back into our sanctuary and hold out. It's peaceful, my apartment is quite cute (if I do say so myself...homemade pillows and all). Poor Pogo, he is subjected to the lunacy, however, and has no clue what it's all about. All he knows is that any time we leave the room someone walking like Frankenstein may come lurching down the hallway to (heaven forbid) KNOCK on a neighbor's door, and the other night in the middle of hte night a decorative floral wind-chime thingy came crashing down onto the floor making a loud noise. He was terrorized. I had to hold him and calm him for several minutes he was shaking and had the look of terror on his face that he had when he was attacked by the Pit Bull. Poor guy. I had to tell him the story of Chicken Little. Then today when we recalled the incident I kept repeating "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" and he seemed to know what I was talking about. Apparently there's a bit of a mean streak in me.

(for those who don't know, Pogo is a dog, not a kid) But a smart dog.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Nikki (my dog) gets a the sky is falling look every time she doesn't understand something. The first time we took her on vacation with us, she didn't have her crate and was so nervous. Funny thing is that most people are afraid of *her* if they don't know her.

I love dogs! They are like little kids sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home