Tuesday, March 28, 2006

up in the night again

It's warm enough to have the window open. I hear quiet city sounds. Downtown Lansing, directly adjacent to the government and the capitol area of town closes down at 5. There is a library and Cooley Law School, a couple of coffee shops, but that's about it. Very safe, very quiet. The streets are lined with decorative lamp fixtures, and one of the streets that heads off verticallly from my block has a string of those light poles, and it glows in a red/yellow way.

It sounds as if the streets might be damp, but I don't think it's raining, I suppose it's dew. Spring and fresh sounding.

Listening to a sad song written by a friend of mine. I'll share on request, because it is sad.
It's just a reminder to savor each breath, and enjoy the moments.

As you can see, I'm in a quiet mood, because of the quiet night, but maybe one of those moments I'll keep to just me.

5 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

I hope you were able to get some sleep. My husband and I were in Downtown Lansing a few years ago. It seemed like the main attraction was the Capitol building. We walked around, and then went to a store before we continued on our way.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Spider Walk said...

Hi Lynne,
I found you through Lynda's blog. I was surprised to find that you live in Lansing. I am from Lansing originally. I was born there and lived there until I was 30. I am familiar with the downtown area of which you speak.
It's nice to see a blogger from my old part of town!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I'm not originally from Lansing, and this is all new to me. I haven't begun yet to think of it as home. I've lived here since Januar 2005 after relocating from Traverse City (!!!) so I could be nearer to the treatment facility, and to my family.

Lansing is growing on me, but it sure isn't TC.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Spider Walk said...

I love TC! I have fond childhood memories of vacation time spent there. Fishtown was always my favorite place to spend the day. I am not sure it it is still there though?
Lansing is ok--but like most larger cities it has it's rough spots.

You are such a talented artist. I just love your paintings! They are so colorful and fun.

I hope it's ok for me to be here. I read in one of your posts that you have invited people here. I just wanted to get to know you, and to lend you my support.
Take care sweetie,
I hope sleep is painfree and dreamy for you tonight :)

Huggerzzzz...

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Spider Walk OF COURSE it's ok if you're here! I'm flattered. I jumped to your blog and it looks very interesting, I'll have to check it out more thoroughly.

I'm glad you're reading and please keep coming back.

Yes Fishtown is still there, in Leland. I think they sold it this year, after having literally been owned by a family for all it's history, I believe.

Leland is beautiful, that whole area is.
I hated leaving, and it feels like my home there, even though that was an adopted home for me. I lived in Lake Ann (west of TC) for 5 years, and it is the greatest place there is (in my humble opinion)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home