Monday, March 27, 2006

sorry for being so quiet

Had a quiet weekend, I needed some recovery time after my long day Friday. I did fine with the new drug but had some other things crop up that I needed to handle. One was fatigue, the other the change in meds and what that does to you. Up on some, down on others, and generally feeling confused, lonely and scared. Jon and Jen came over Sat and brought me movies, made Rueben sandwiches and hooked up my dvd to my stereo, and just otherwise chilled out.

I had developed a weird rash, but not to the new drug, and my right leg became very swollen and painful, so in between dealing with that and worrying and calling doctors, I ended up going to Ann Arbor today to make sure I don't have a blood clot in my leg (which i don't) and finding out I have shingles. (add laugh track here) Great no clot, shingles.... whatever...I'm contagious to anyone who hasn't had chicken pox, but for me they'll be over in a couple weeks and now I have 2 new meds to add to my old-lady daily, hourly, medicine dispenser.

I didn't want to post worrying stuff, so I waited, and that's what's going on at the moment.

tired
very tired

and so irritable my apologies to sisters and such (sorry, sorry)

just remember it's not the real me....it's the sick sad scared me just trying to get things right, and get things done, and try to take care of my Little Lynne as well as I can (she's all I got)

so that's it

5 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Julie said...

i love you

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

me too

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Carolyn said...

Shingles! heard of that. does it itch? hurt? Didn/t you have chicken pox? I know I did. was not fun. I was pretty young. Grandma White sat by my bed and "fixed my face." remember that?

Carolyn

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

You have the chicken pox! That sucks! I had them when I was 8, so I will be safe around you. :)

I hope you feel better. Take good care of yourself, and we will be here when you feel like posting.

I am cheering for you!

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

well, fortunately it's just in a few isolated spots, and it isn't too bad so far...


shingles are a weird thing... hangeroson from chicken pox from long ago waiting silently in your nerve endings

just waitin' for the lombago to kick in now (or some other old disease)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home