Friday, March 31, 2006

Just Being, not necessarily Doing

Quiet times are essential. It's good to express things, even rant if necessary, but quiet reflection is where I feel I can best create the healing path that is right at that moment. I've been in my quiet time, and it has been healing.

I'm listening to wonderful music, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis....old standard, well-written music that is both soothing and alive.

I'm reading, drawing, working on my book, a little painting, and doing what many have said many times.... just "be".

I'm finally getting that, I think.

My job is to be. To breathe. To do what Lassie does. I had wonderful naps yesterday.

It's a lovely day, in spite of the overcast sky, it is warm, breezy, and the windows are open, and I'm listening to Frank.

6 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Jill said...

Let us know when the book is ready to order... I want to get some copies

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Still working on it...but I'll definitely let everyone know!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

It sounds like how I would like to relax. Except the painting. I don't know if I can do that.

Is the book a children's book?

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Yes, it's a children's book I'm working on. You can see one of the illustrations on the NewLeaf blog. I'm a graphic desinger by profession, and am using my artwork and design ideas to create a book. It's about 2/3 done, but got some work to do yet.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Nothing beats listening to Frank Sinatra on a warm and breezy day.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

I will keep an eye out for Calem, my nephew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home