Saturday, March 04, 2006

Hanging in there....

So far so good with the radiation. Interestingly, my hip pain has almost completely resolved with the steroids given me to ease the affects of radiation. I am furious that my pain has not been managed properly, and that I have been in pain since October, and no one considered inflammation and possible need to reduce it to reduce pain. (well, no one except ME!!! And I asked repeatedly, questioned my doctors, feeling that the pain could be a result of tendonitis or other less serious reason than bone cancer.)

Medicine is a joke sometimes, a big guessing game and the patient is supposed to be in charge of their own health care and advocate for themselves, but we have to educate ourselves, and ask questions...and without a medical background, we don't always know the questions to ASK!!!!!

It is infuriating and frustrating.

But, I'm hobbling with less pain, can actually now lift my knee to put my clothes on. I'm being very cautious, but with less pain I can be more mobile. (to go to chemo, yay)

Sorry I am venting, everyone, but pretending to be cheerful about my situation would be absurd.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger marsha said...

You have a right to be angry, we understand. Thanks for the update; love Marsha

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an absolute trooper Lynne, and you WILL beat this. I am glad that your pain has lessened. You are in our thoughts and prayers, every day. - Helen

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home