Wednesday, January 11, 2006

January in Michigan

It's rainy and foggy, mid-40s in Michigan in January. What's the deal? I'm not complaining, though, because I'm crutching around with a bum hip, and snowy pavement makes it pretty dangerous to a person recooperating from a fracture.

I'll spare the details, but let's just say it ain't fun.

I'm doing some soul-searching, while recooperating. Spending too much time watching "What Not to Wear" (but I LOVE that show!) I confess to being excited about the new "The Bachelor" in Paris, and can't wait til American Idol starts. I love those first shows where they make fun of the rejects. I'm spending some hours painting, doing some reading, making scones, and looking for stuff to buy on EBay. (like sofa and chair slipcovers...I found some great ones) I'm thinking of getting my sewing machine out and making some decorative pillows. How's that for domestic! I haven't sewn for years, but I used to do a lot of it, having learned at a young age from my mother on a treadle machine. (I know, my writing sucks...did that sentence make sense?) I can recall saying "I'm in the mood to sew". I think I am. I have a children's book I should work on, and I'm designing some signs and a logo for my sister and brother-in-law's new Mexican restaurant.

I'm trying to be valuable.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Kid Sis said...

Sounds good...enjoy your time. And you know you're worthwhile and useful, yes? Sounds like a good time for some new mantras or meditations. We love ya, doll. Hang in there.

IFC is playing a movie today and on the 25th with Zach Braff in it, looks kind of cute: Broken Hearts Club.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

shoot, don't get that channel....

I am struggling a bit at feeling useful. Seems all I do is make my family do work for me... I hate not being productive and active....

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger louisalexander4100908903 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home