Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Getting wackier and wackier

I have begun to have Reiki treatments. It's a strange experience, and not one I'm sure I believe in, but I had one done while at the Connecticut retreat, and I felt good about it. There, I had my chakras aligned (and I like to say "and my tires rotated"). My throat chakra was closed, indicating I am not good at expressing what I need...which is so true.

Yesterday I had a longer treatment here at home, and it was a little different, but essentially the same process. The person who administers the treatment is considered the conduit. Through his or her hands and body the knowledge of the universe (God, whatever) is transmitted to them, regarding the person to whom the treatment is being given. It can deal with health matters, life matters, just about anything....

I guess you could say they are straigtening out your energy pathways. I felt very relaxed, but aware, and could see colors as the treatment went on. The colors generally coordinated with the chakra areas upon which she was focused, but not always. A few times I felt a tingling sensation, or maybe a better description is a slight vibration in my limbs or around my body.

I have decided it can't hurt, and even if it does nothing but relax me, that is a good thing, and a help to my body in fighting the cancer.

Numerology next? I doubt it.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Kid Sis said...

Mom had one today in her bed because of your suggestion - by a friend of ours. Mom fell asleep with a smile on her face. First time I've seen that.

Thanks!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

cool!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home