Thursday, April 07, 2005

With Wings

Interestingly, last night as I lay in bed, one of my large paintings FLEW off the wall onto the floor. I could see it happening even in the dark, it seemed to spin outward and fell. I didn't realize at first it was the painting, and I couldn't figure out what was going on, and what had flown about. I got up and turned on the light, to see that the painting was sitting neatly propped against the wall. There on the wall, I saw something. I had forgotten it was there, but when I moved my things into this bedroom at my daughter's new home, there had been something painted on the wall. It wasn't very well painted.....a decoration......very crudely done, and perhaps thoughtlessly covered up by me when I hung the painting. The decoration?

A purple butterfly.

I accept this as a sign of life. I am warmed by this sign, grateful for this day, and today I have no complaints.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Kid Sis said...

Hi Funnigirl,

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. I'm linking to your blog from my site, so hopefully you'll get some more traffic. Keep writing! :)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Hi KS

I wasn't writing cuz I didn't think anyone was reading.

I will write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home