Wednesday, April 27, 2005

American Idol

I'm still laughing at Kid Sis's remarks about Am Idol.

I should be embarassed, I guess, that I'm hooked on that show. Especially because once the season is over, I won't care at all what happened to those people. I think it's the idea that 'regular' people get a shot.

This year my daughter, her fiance, and I got hooked and love to rant and rave over the performances. It's most fun to rant, I think. I am amazed at some of the people who are still there.... I don't think they're all that good.

...............

Going to my "home town" Traverse City this weekend. It is really my adopted town, but I had to leave there in January to stay with family, while dealing with the big C. (yep, me too) I will visit with friends, look at the Bay, and have to tear myself away to come back here.

...............

Been having some ups and downs lately, dealing with my illness. I've been healthy all my life...did all the right things...ate right, exercised, didn't smoke.... and yet I am sick. Why?? I'm not ready to face my own mortality. I'm 53, have lots to do, and just am not ready to call it a day.

I feel lazy not being able to work. I like working, and I like being healthy. I don't take to this waiting for the next doctor appointment life. I do the best I can to be 'normal'..... but there's always a reminder.

How'm I doing on the bloggin? I am not sure I have the hang of it.

3 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger Kid Sis said...

Funnigirl, you've got the hang of blogging! You're doing great!

Don't worry about feeling non-productive. Like Mom likes to say, your only job right now is to breathe, heal your body, and let your friends and family carry you for a while. C is a job.

I had a post a while back about the whole injustice of it all...feels like we don't *deserve* cancer (of course, nobody really does). The one thing I've learned is who lives or dies from it makes very little sense on the justice scale. But I know Mom's great attitude has made a huge difference in the quality of her life and how far those around her have been willing to go to help her. I'm sure your family feels the same way about you, just from reading your blog and seeing your sense of humor.

Now for the important stuff ;) ...first Anwar, now Constantine???? I'm convinced there's some snarky teenagers with money out there voting for Scott just to Punk the American public. If I was that age with an allowance, I probably would have done that.

I mean, at this point, do you have a favorite? I thought they were all kind of awful last night, even Bo and Kerry, and they totally got to choose their song/genre! Scary!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

I agree, no one was very good, and I've never thought Scott was very good. I loved Anwar, Carrie is very natural, and talented, but I guess I'm rooting for Bo, for no particular reason.

You're right, cancer is a job, and some days I feel totally healthy and want to walk and exercise, and other days I just want to sleep.

I've always been the care-giver, and it is hard to be taken care of. It's a lesson I'm learning.

I am sure your mom's attitude has aided her, as has mine. I've found a good online support group, I work on living for the day, and do visualizations...etc... it can't hurt, and why not put my mind to a productive activity rather than worrying about what might happen and when.

I've done very well all in all....and there IS no rhyme nor reason as to who gets it, who survives.... it just happens.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger startonline said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a wedding dress site. It pretty much covers wedding dress related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home