Sunday, March 27, 2005

Day One of the Blog

I've decided to begin journaling by using a blog. I'm a 53 year old never-smoked woman with lung cancer. I'm 7 months past diagnosis, and doing well, considering it is Stage IV. I know that's not good, but I'm pressing on.

I've been though 6 rounds of chemo with good success, and with a partial remission, I am stable and being evaluated every three months. I tend to worry and focus on every little ache and pain, but I suppose that's natural.

I have lost a lot due to the cancer.... I became unable to work, I had to give up my home, and I am currently living by the grace of my daughter and her fiance, in their home. I am fortunate to have three fabulous grown children, three loving pets, and two of my children will be married in 2005.

I feel blessed to be alive, and have learned to mediate, visualize, and hope. Thanks to ECaP, Dr. Bernie Siegel's books Peace, Love and Healing, and Love, Medicine, and Miracles, I am learning to live each day and be grateful for the love that surrounds me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home